January always flies by for me. I guess it probably has something to do with planning two birthday celebrations in the course of a month. I didn't help things that the girlies got sick in January either. I felt like I was in a cave for a couple of weeks. But, I'm finally getting to the point where I feel like I can relax a bit and get into a more regular schedule. And I'm looking forward to February!
Last month, I decided to try to be a bit more deliberate in planning fun stuff to do with the girls. I even made a fun little checklist sheet to help them get involved in the planning. While we didn't exactly stick to our list, we DID have a lot of fun in January. Personally, I enjoyed the indoor snowball fights, doing crafts together, and of course the birthday parties.
So, we're going to try to keep the fun going in February. I really hope to do a bunch of Valentine's Day stuff with the girls. We really enjoy making our own Valentine's Day cards so I hope that we'll do that again.
If you want to be more intentional in your Family Fun, download the February Family Fun Printable and brainstorm with your family. Here are a few ideas that might make February a little more fun.
Family Fun Ideas for February:
Decorate for Valentines Day
- Make words for your mantel. I just love my "Love does." decor that's on my mantel. Kids can help decide on the words, trace out the letters, and even assemble them depending on their skill level.
- Make a sparkly heart garland. I haven't done this but I think my girls would enjoy it.
- Make heart-shaped salt dough candle holders. This is an easy craft to do with the kids. I think I might turn mine into a centerpiece for our dining table. They'd look pretty for an at-home Valentine's dinner.
- Make heart-shaped borax ornaments. They'd look pretty hanging in the window.
Make Your Own Valentine's Day Cards
Enjoy Sweet Treats
- Creme Brulee. This is one of our family's favorite desserts. Plus, it's always fun to bring out the torch.
- Cupcakes with Homemade Buttercream Frosting. The girls LOVE making cupcakes and LOVE adding sprinkles. I pipe on the frosting so it looks fancy.
Want more Valentine's day ideas? Check out DIY on a Dime: Valentine's Day at Life as MOM this month!
Thanks for sharing such a fastidious idea, article is pleasant, thats why i have read it completely netflix login
Post a Comment