Although March is nearly half over, I realized that I've got another Family Fun printable to share! Download this March Family Fun printable and plan some family fun!
There are just too many things to celebrate this month not to plan in a little special family fun! This month, we've got three holidays to celebrate at our house -- St. Patrick's Day, Easter, AND my wedding anniversary. So, some of the things we're doing around here this month are:
For Saint Patrick's Day
- Build a Leprechaun Trap: Ella had to make one of these for an assignment when she was in Kindergarten. What can I say? The girl loves to create things! She's started making one all on her own. Our dining room has been a disaster as pieces of the trap are in various states of completion. Spoonful.com (formerly Family Fun) has some Leprechaun Trap crafts if you're looking for ideas.
- Make a rainbow treat: I'm hoping to make a special dessert for Saint Patrick's Day. I've got some cool small round pans. I thought it might be fun to do different colored layers and pile them up into a tall cake that I disguise as a leprechaun hat. We'll just have to see how the weekend plans go! We might just settle for cupcakes with rainbow sprinkles.
- Make a St. Patrick's Day dinner: I love this Irish Stew and Irish Soda Bread. I think I have my dinner plan for Sunday. I might even splurge on some good ol' Irish butter or Dubliner cheese at Trader Joe's.
- Make Easter Cookies: Baking Easter cookies and "painting" them is one of my favorite childhood memories. It's on our to-do list for sure.
- Dye Easter Eggs: The girls and I haven't really done this before. Their Auntie Jamie helped them do it one year, but shockingly I never have. I just might attempt it this year.
- Make an Easter Craft: Right now we're working on a kid-friendly craft for Life as MOM. I think it is going to look pretty cool. Stay tuned!
- Make Homemade Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels: This recipe from Good Cheap Eats is soooooo good. The girls love these. It's been a few months since we've done it, but I've been craving them lately.
Post a Comment