Monday, October 15, 2012
Oh, I had great hopes of sharing a Halloween costume tutorial for you today. If you've liked "Life with L and E" on Facebook, you might have heard that I started on a Mermaid Costume. I was really pleased with how the skirt turned out, but of course I didn't take step-by-step pictures as I created it because I was making it up as I went along. I just figured that I would take the photos when I made Skirt #2 for L (because of course, she wants to be the same thing as E). So, I was going to start on Skirt #2 in a timely fashion. Yeah well, life never really goes the way we plan does it?
Before I could get back to working on skirts, the iron died. My fabric was totally wrinkled so I couldn't work on the skirts until we got a new one. I thought today would be the day when my husband went out and bought a new one. (Yes, he picked it out...because really I don't do any of the ironing here unless it involves a craft.) So then, I ironed and cut out the fabric for Skirt #2...
And then my sewing machine died! Okay, I guess it didn't really die...it's probably more the equivalent of a broken arm or something. It really did sound like a painful injury though...such a bad sound! So sadly, my machine is inoperable at the moment. I'm hoping that my hubby can repair it after I order a new "hand wheel with clutch." In the meantime, I've borrowed my sister-in-law's machine so that I can actually get these costumes done by Halloween. But, I won't be resuming the work tonight...I can't handle any more failures tonight. But as they say, tomorrow is another day. I'm hoping that machinery works better for me then.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment