- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper.
- Real or Fake Tree? It MUST be a real tree. I love the smell of them...and fake ones just don't smell!
- When do you put up the tree? The last couple of years, we've put it up around the first week of December and we've really enjoyed it. I think we'll do it again this year.
- When do you take the tree down? Usually in time for the "Christmas Tree Burn" that the local Fire Department does as a hazard demonstration for the public. I'm not sure when that is -- I just keep watching the local paper for the announcement.
- Do you like eggnog? Uh, NO. But, my husband does enjoy it so we usually do have some in the fridge.
- Favorite gift received as a child? I can't really think of one. I guess some that stand out in my mind are Cabbage Patch dolls and a Yorx Record Player / Tape Deck. I just saw the record player/tape deck in my parents' garage this past weekend! As an adult, my favorite gift was my engagement ring (given a couple days ahead of time)!
- Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a partial one. My Aunt Cass distributed some family heirlooms several years ago for Christmas and I got a Mary, Joseph & Baby Jesus that was in my mom's home as a child.
- Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
- Easiest person to buy for? Ella -- I'm with her more than any one else so I know what she's into. Plus, she is not quite 3 and is easy to please.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of what that would be.
- Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither this year. Last year I didn't get my act together in time so I sent "New Year's Cards" (and included thank yous). I think I will probably do that again this year -- especially since I'll be wanting to send out baby announcements too! I will probably try to be budget-friendly and combine Happy New Years/Baby Announcements/Thank Yous.
- Favorite Christmas Movie? "While You Were Sleeping" -- Okay, so it isn't a traditional Christmas movie...but it does take place at Christmas time.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around the beginning of December. Brett's bday is the 6th so I try to take care of that first!
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Toffee Dream (click here for recipe). It is by far one of my favorite desserts; however, I only seem to eat it at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I guess it is a bit too decadent for an everyday type of treat. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was FABULOUS!
- Clear lights or colored on the tree? Usually clear since that is what Mom gave to Brett in his "Christmas Tree Kit" several years ago.
- Favorite Christmas song? I don't think I have one.
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually travel either to Santa Clarita to be with my folks or to Oregon to be with Brett's family. This year, because of the impending birth of Baby Piersma, we'll be staying at home. So, Ella will have her first Christmas morning at home.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes
- Angel on the tree top or a star? Homemade Angel. Growing up, we always had a treetop angel that Mom made on the tree. She had a HUGE collection of them in all different ethnicities, hair colors, etc. Sometimes they would decorate other places in the house too. The year that I graduated from high school, Mom & I made a set for me. The first year I was married, I got kinda carried away with decorating our tiny apartment with them and Brett got freaked out. He said he thought that they were going to swoop down on him...laughed hysterically...and did some creative photography to make them look like they were ghosts by double-exposing the picture. Needless to say, I am limited to using ONE angel and even then it takes a little negotiating.
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning
- Most annoying thing about this time of year? People being stressed out and rude. I almost always seem to see the poor postal employees being verbally abused by someone!
- What I love most about Christmas? Brett being home on vacation and having some family time together! This year will be extra-special since Baby Piersma is set to arrive around then.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
My sister "tagged" me to complete this Christmas meme on her blog. (Not sure what a "meme" is? In the context of blogs, "it's some kind of list of questions that you saw somewhere else and you decided to answer the questions. Then someone else sees them and does them and so on and so on.") So, being the dutiful little sister, here are my answers!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment