Recently, I discovered a cool little feature that my Kindle has -- text to speech. I can actually have it read to me as I declutter and pack boxes. It is by no means perfect. My main complaints are that it:
- speaks in a very "roboto" voice
- mispronounces things sometimes
- and really doesn't know how to pause appropriately between chapter titles and main text.
If you have a Kindle and have never used this feature, it's super easy to use! All you need to do is:
- Open the book that you want to have read to you
- Click on the Aa button (down by the spacebar)
- Then move the cursor down to "turn on" right next to Text-to-Speech.
- It will automatically start reading from the page that you are on. If you need to pause it, just press Aa button again and click "pause" next to Text-to-Speech.